Microsoft have announced that organisations with Microsoft 365 E5 subscriptions will soon be getting a new “service plan” called “Defender for IoT – Enterprise IoT Security – Enterprise IoT Security”.
As spotted in the Microsoft 365 Message [ID: MC673712] update over the weekend, this service plan will provide both Microsoft 365 E5 customers and those who have the Microsoft M365 E3 add-on [E5 Security] with real-time device discovery, continuous monitoring, and vulnerability management capabilities for up to 5x Enterprise IoT devices (such as printers, scanners, cameras, Smart TVs, VoIP phones) per user license [so an organisation with 2,500 devices will get support for cross the organisation. Additional per-per device licenses will also be available for purchase.
This will start to roll-out next month (October 2023) and provides tools and insights for protect enterprise IoT networks, including:
- Tools and insights for protect enterprise IoT networks
- Agentless IoT device monitoring
- Support for cloud, on-premises, and hybrid OT networks
- Support for modern and proprietary Operations technology (OT) protocols
- Lightweight security micro-agents which allow IT to build security straight into IoT operations and innovations.