Microsoft are about to roll out (early Feb 2020) changes that replace the existing scheduling form with a new form that retains all existing scheduling functionality but makes it more aligned to the Outlook experience. The core changes include:
- Improved view of available time
- Allows changing event information from the scheduling assistant tab
- Includes an option for required and optional attendees.
- Includes search within the location picker field.
New Teams scheduling form can be seen below.
As well as the changes above, there’s a number of additional features including:
- All day events option – a new toggle like in outlook that converts meetings to an all-day event.Availability status – provides simple people and location search which provides a visual (red) indicator to indicate non-availability on people or resources.
- Cancellation with message – provides ability to provide and edit a message when cancelling an event if desired (again similar to what Outlook offers today).
- Tabs in edit/view mode – these tabs provide easy access to things like chat, meeting notes, files, scheduling assistant, and of course the meeting whiteboard.
- Time zone picker – which now finally allows meeting organisers to select the time zone they wish to use for the meeting.
That’s it… The new update is rolling out in the next few weeks so look out for it.